Don’t let anyone tell you differently. What’s on your walls and in your office bathroom matters. And these days the best investment for your office space is Successories, a company that specializes in motivational products for all situations. But with more than 10,000 products to choose from, what is best for a small law office? Here’s our advice for the five successories no law office should be without.
- I am not Afraid of Storms for I am Learning How to Sail my Ship. This Successory, available as a poster with a pensive-looking black labrador retriever, is great for the newly minted attorney just starting out in practice. It will instantly put clients at ease, knowing that you are not afraid to take on hard cases or advocate zealously. A green sailor with a storm brewing out at sea? Confidence.
- Reach for the Stars Positive Pal Starfish. This is a great plush toy for clients to play with when they visit you. Made of brushed orange polyester, the starfish has a cute little inner tube around his waist, holding him above the water and out of his natural habitat. The message on the inner tube says “Reach for the Stars.” Keep this around the lobby to reinforce that, not only do you always reach for the stars, but your client has already touched them by choosing you and your firm.
- Diversity (Marbles). If you have a diverse client base, this is a great poster to have in your lobby. It’s actually wise to have two or three of these posters in the office, one in the lobby and two in your own office. That will clearly get the message across that you are interested in diversity. This motivational poster has an image of colorful marbles and the inscription under Diversity that says “Different Colors. Different Sizes. Same Goal. Let’s Roll!” Awesome! Each time I read this poster (I have three just above my desk), I grab my best shooter, knuckle down on the carpet, and start knocking marbles. Like I say, it’s a great motivator.
- “Together We Can” Interactive Sculpture. It was hard to pick between this one or a fantastic Vince Lombardi football paperweight. But we went with “Together We Can” because of its design, the awesome ballsy motivational messages, and the ability to play with the sculpture. It comes with three stainless steel removable chime balls that “emit soothing sounds and are imprinted with: ‘Achieve More,’ ‘Think Big,’ and ‘Create Magic.'” With this on your desk, you can inspire your clients. But you can also reach for your balls and play with them as a subtle message to the client that he or she needs to get to the point.
- Design Your Own. With Successories, you can actually make your own plaque, paperweight, or motivational product. We’ve created our own, which we call “Remittance,” and it’s one of my more prominent Successories in the office. Check it out here.
With the right choices, your office can become a shrine to motivation. And if just one of the Successory messages rubs off on you or one of your clients, not only do you feel good, but you’re likely to bring in more business. So, go out, spread the motivation, and get hanging. It’s Successorize time!